Pretty Ugly LLC, the parent company of the Uglydoll brand, just announced a panoply of licensing partnerships across multiple categories. The arrangements include Uglydoll brand balloons, backpacks, luggage, zipper pulls, umbrellas, mobile apps, tableware, flatware, giftwrap, ceramics, T-shirts, fleece apparel, socks, sleepwear, loungewear, robes, “intimate apparel,” character figures, novelty hats, rubber balls, art prints and more.
Last week’s Instagram Roundup featured a portentous picture (from @uglydoll’s Instagram account) of Ox counting his cash like a baller. And to think I just took notice because it was green…
Click through for the full info on all the new Uglystuff!
- Callaway Digital Arts gets rights to use Uglydolls in mobile apps worldwide. Alita Friedman, Chief Brand Officer of Pretty Ugly says: “Partnering with Callaway Digital Arts provides us the opportunity to bring the Uglyverse™ directly to our fans’ finger tips.”
- AMSCAN, The Party People, get to get to create a complete line of Uglydoll-branded party supplies consisting of things like tableware, party invites, gift wrap and other decorative items.
- Grassland Roots gets to manufacture and distribute Uglydoll ceramics in the USA and Canada.
- Anagram gets to manufacture and distribute Uglydoll balloons in all shapes, sizes and colors. (Editor’s note: Yay!)
- FAB*Starpoint will be creating “a fashion forward line” of Uglydoll branded backpacks, messenger bags, handbags, totes, wallets, coin purses, zipper pulls, lunch bags, cosmetic bags, and luggage to be distributed in North America launching in January 2013.
- Accessory Innovations gets dibs on making and distributing Uglydoll fashion headwear, cold weather accessories, hosiery and umbrellas in North America.
- Thermos get to produce Uglydoll FUNtainer™ products, lunch accessories, and lunch kits for distribution in North America and Canada. Products are scheduled to enter the marketplace in Fall 2012.
- ZAK will be making mealtime fun for little ones by manufacturing and distributing children’s dinnerware, flatware, and drinkware beginning January 2013.
- Freeze gets to manufacture and distribute Uglydoll branded tee shirts and fleece apparel for kids and adults in North America. Friedman is “confident that Freeze will produce tees that are not only visually appealing, but also capture the humor on which the Uglydoll brand is built on.”
- Komar Kids gets to manufacture and distribute Uglydoll children’s sleepwear and robes in North America beginning in Fall 2012. Friedman is excited to “make bedtime even more ugly and fun”.
- And bedtime’s not just fun for the kids; soon adults will be able to “bump Uglies”. Richard Leeds International, Inc. gets to produce Uglydoll sleepwear, loungewear, daywear/intimate apparel and robes for the junior’s and women’s categories in North America and Latin America.
- United Legwear will sock it to the competition by manufacturing and distributing socks and legwarmers for infant/toddlers, kids, teens, men and women in North America.
- Toy Factory will manufacture and distribute TPR elastic balls and character figures, novelty hats, and rubber balls throughout the North American Amusement park markets.
- Last, but not least, Thumbtack Press has signed on with Pretty Ugly™, LLC to create a unique line of Uglydoll art prints.
[Source: Uglydoll PR]
David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim of Uglydolls at SDCC 2010
That’s a whole lot of Ugly! Despite troubling evidence of interest from Kim, Uglydoll has yet to license any of their intellectual property to the Kardashians. Congratulations to David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim on the continued success of the brand they sewed from scratch!